Easy Green Shakshuka Recipe
A twist to the classic shakshuka recipe Loaded with green veggies and so easy to make
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Chopped Kale
- 1 Leek washed and sliced
- 1½ Cups Frozen Peas thawed
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- Small pack coriander, roughly chopped reserving a few leaves to garnish
- Small pack mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped reserving a few leaves to garnish
- ¾ Cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin Seeds
- Cilantro, sliced avocado, jalapenos, and feta
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic and cumin; sauté until fragrant.
Add leeks together with peas and cook stirring frequently for about 4 minutes. Stir in kale, coriander, and mint leaves; season with some salt and pepper.
Continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes until kale is wilted. Reduce the heat to a low and stir in sour cream or yogurt.
Mix well to coat the greens. Using the back of a spoon, make 4 dips in the mixture, then crack an egg into each dip.
Season the eggs with a pinch of salt. Cover the pan and cook on low heat until eggs are done to your liking.
Once the eggs are done, garnish the shakshuka with remaining fresh herbs and serve. Enjoy!
- Veggies: add any of your favorite green veggies if you don't like kale and peas. Some great options can be spinach and zucchini.
- Allow veggies to cook through before adding the eggs
- Covering the pan/skillet will let the eggs cook through without burning the veggies.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 213mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6113IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3mg