Vegan Detox Cabbage Soup
A hearty soup filled with a variety of vegetables cooked in a tomato base.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 2 Carrots chopped or sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery chopped
- ½ Large Head Cabbage chopped
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder or to taste
- ⅓ Cup Corn fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Beans fresh or frozen
- 2 Cups Chopped Button Mushrooms
- 6 Cups Low-sodium Vegetable Broth
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 15 oz Chopped Fire-Roasted Tomatoes 1 can
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley plus more for garnish
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, mushrooms, celery, cabbage, bell pepper, garlic, and chili powder. Sauté until veggies soften, about 8-10 minutes.
Add corn, green beans, broth, and fire-roasted tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1105mg | Potassium: 544mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5559IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg