Chicken Meatballs in Cranberry Sauce
Tender and juicy chicken meatballs cooked in an easy and delicious cranberry sauce
Servings 4 servings
- 14 oz Cranberry Sauce one can
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 lbs Chicken breast or turkey cubed
- ¼ Cup Panko
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt or to taste
- Optional: fresh rosemary, to garnish
In a food processor add the meat chunks and pulse to chop. Add all the remaining ingredients and pulse again until meat is medium-fine.
Using wet hands form the meat mixture into about 1-inch balls. Gently roll them in flour, shaking any excess.
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Drizzle with about 2 Tbsps oil and carefully add in the meatballs. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and golden-brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce with remaining ingredients until well combined.
Pour cranberry sauce and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until bubbly, about 5 minute
- You can use turkey instead of chicken, still tastes great!
- You can put a little bit of olive oil on your hands, to make rolling the chicken meatballs easier, plus you'll get smoother balls!
- Mix the meatballs thoroughly so the eggs and panko crumbs are evenly distributed.
- You can cook these Chicken Meatballs on the stovetop, in the oven or in the crockpot (details below).
- If baking the meatballs, don’t over bake them. Take them out of the oven when they are cooked through and the tops are browned.
- Store cooked and cooled Chicken Meatballs in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Pour the cranberry sauce in the crockpot. Add browned meatballs and stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 728mg | Potassium: 1021mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 707IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg