Pumpkin Spice Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Perfectly baked juicy sweet potatoes, topped with pecans, a hint of pumpkin spice, and some shredded cheese.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- ½ Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅔ Cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ Cup Shredded Cheese optional
- Brown Sugar or coconut sugar optional
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the sweet potatoes in a baking tray and pierce them with a fork, then bake until soft.
Once the sweet potatoes are cooked remove from the oven and allow them to cool until ready to handle.
Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then gently scoop out the insides into a bowl. Stir in the spices and using a fork mix to combine and mash the sweet potato flesh.
Scoop this filling back into the sweet potato skins. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped pecans and return to the oven.
Bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, until hot and melty. Enjoy!
- Make sure to preheat your oven before baking the potatoes, otherwise, they'll take longer to bake.
- You can mix the potato flesh in a food processor, with a masher or - in a pinch - with a fork.
- To add a lovely smokey, toasted flavor to the pecans, you can toast them with a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat to add another layer of flavor for twice baked potatoes.
- If your Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are not browning up as much as you'd like, you can pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
- If some of your potatoes are larger than others, you might have to pull the smaller ones out of the oven a bit earlier.
- For an extra-special presentation, use a piping bag to pipe the flesh bake onto the sweet potatoes - looks gorgeous!
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Toppings: Cheese, pecans, walnuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey, mini marshmallows. Spices like cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 659mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 24411IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg