Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
Comforting bell pepper soup made with bell peppers, lean ground beef, onions, brown rice, and a tomato sauce base.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Bell Peppers in different colors if desired chopped
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 lb 95% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Cups Homemade or low-sodium broth
- 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Brown Rice or quinoa
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley to garnish
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add bell peppers, onion, garlic and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add ground beef and seasonings, and cook until meat is no longer pink, breaking it with a wooden spoon, for about 5-7 minutes.
Pour in the broth, and stir in crushed tomatoes, and rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until rice is tender. About 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheddar and parsley and serve hot. Enjoy!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Beef: Use extra lean ground beef or use ground turkey for fewer calories.
- Bell Peppers: You may use only green or use different colors. Red, green, and orange.
- Rice: Use brown rice, or white rice if preferred. Another substitute will be quinoa. For a keto option, skip this ingredient.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1923IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg