Zucchini Pizza Bites
Easy low carb pizza bites recipe made with zucchini slices, topped with cheese, and mini turkey pepperoni.
- 2 Large Zucchini
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Mini Pepperoni Slices I used turkey
- Fresh Chopped Parsley or Basil to garnish
Preheat your oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Alternatively, you can use 2 medium baking sheets. Slice the zucchini 1 inch thick, and using a melon baller, scoop a bit from the inside, to create a small cup that will hold in the sauce.
Arrange the zucchini on a prepared baking sheet and top with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni slices.
Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese melted and bubbly.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- If you don't have marinara sauce, low carb pizza sauce or a tomato sauce works great too.
- Mozzarella works great on these Zucchini Pizza Bites, but they can be made with any cheese.
- To make larger rounds, slice zucchini diagonally.
- Strands of pre-shredded mozzarella can be too long and messy, finely shred your own or roughly chop bagged shredded mozzarella to make sprinkling easier.
- You can use a grill pan or a nonstick skillet.
- Finely dice some red or yellow bell pepper and sprinkle it on top for more veggie goodness!
- Feel free to top with your favorite pizza toppings, chopped up!
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 549mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 690IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 1.1mg