Baked Avocado Egg
Easy and quick egg breakfast baked in avocados and topped with diced tomatoes.
- 1 Large Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Tbsp Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut the avocado in half longways and remove the pit.
If it’s a small pit, use a spoon to remove some of the avocado meat and make room for the egg.
Place the avocados in two small ramekins to keep them upright. Or you can bake without ramekins.
Crack the eggs into each avocado half and top with salt, pepper, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the eggs is cooked to your liking.
Top with tomatoes before serving.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- If your avocado has a small pit, use a spoon to remove some of the avocado meat and make room for the egg.
- You'll need to keep the avocado upright, so the egg stays in. You can place them in ramekins to make it easier.
- If you don't have a ramekin, no problem! You can lean the avocados next to each, supporting them.
- Use a preheated oven.
- When cracking the eggs into the avocado, be careful not to break the yolk.
- For a spicy kick, sprinkle on some crushed red chili flakes.
- In place of Parmesan, you can tip with cheddar or crumbled feta
- Top with chopped fresh tomato, for a pop of freshness.
- Try looking for the larger avocados since they work better for this recipe. They have a larger pit and thus larger space for eggs.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.3mg