Easy Chili Salmon with Zucchini Noodles
Salmon bites are pan-seared with lime, chili, and served over zucchini noodles for a low carb meal.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb Salmon Fillet cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Olive Oil divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 Lemon or Lime sliced, to garnish
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 Large Zucchini spiralized
In a mixing bowl add cubed salmon, garlic, chili, lime juice plus zest, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat.
Melt butter (or if using olive oil add 1 tbsp ) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in salmon bites and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and golden brown.
Remove salmon from pan and divide into meal prep containers. In the same heated pan, add remaining butter or oil, garlic and stir in the zucchini noodles.
Cook and toss for 1-2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add zucchini noodles next to the salmon bites into the meal prep containers
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lime or lemon slices. You can squeeze some lemons over your meal. Enjoy.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
- For best zoodles use a spiralizer.
- Spiralize the zucchini raw, before cooking. Do not peel it.
- Pat zoodles dry with paper towels after spiralizing them.
- Cut your zoodles into 6-inch noodles, for easier eating.
- The zoodles only need a couple of minutes to cook, longer than that and they can become too watery.
- Don't overcrowd the zoodles! Cook them in batches if you have to, make sure there’s lots of room. You want as much surface area of the zoodles touching the pan as possible.
- Don't overcook the salmon, it only needs a few mins.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Include a slice of lime or lemon in the meal prep containers so they can squeeze a bit of zest on the salmon.
- If making this meal for meal prep, you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 1446mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 73.8mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2.4mg