Sweet and Spicy Chicken Meal Prep
Stir-fried chicken with a sweet, salty and spicy flavor. Better than Chinese take out and great for meal prep.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Green Beans ends trimmed
- 6-8 Chillies dried or fresh, to taste
- 2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice optional
For the Stir Fry sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Roasted Peanuts to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Green Onions
In a small bowl add all stir fry sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil skillet or wok over medium/high heat.
Add in chicken, garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is almost done. Set aside.
Add the remaining sesame oil in the pan and stir in green beans and chilies. Stir fry for about 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Add in the chicken and the sauce and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.
Serve with cooked brown rice and enjoy!
Calories include brown rice. The calories per serving without the brown rice will come down to about 398 kcal.
Please note that the calories are just an estimate based on a nutrition fact calculator I use.
- Heat the wok or skillet before stir-frying.
- Prep your ingredients before firing up the skillet/wok, things move fast!
- Stir your ingredients often.
- Ideally use a light or low sodium. Regular soy can create a really salty sauce.
- You can dial back the chilies if you want it less spicy.
- Make sure to trim the ends of the beans.
- Cut the chicken into similar sized pieces, so they cook evenly.
- You can always add extra veggies, whatever you have on hand! Just be aware, harder vegetables.
- Serve with brown rice, cauliflower rice, or noodles.
Calories: 507kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 1263mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1520IU | Vitamin C: 114.9mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3.6mg