Vegan Spicy Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Easy to make, thick and creamy with a kick of heat. So comforting and filling
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil Or Ghee for non-vegans
- 1 Large Sweet Onions finely diced
- 2 Celery Stalks Sliced
- 2 Large Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves grated
- 2 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger Peeled and grated
- 1 Red Chili (or to taste) sliced
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 4 Cups Low-sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 4 Tbsp Roughly Chopped Peanuts
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
Stir in chili and peanut butter, then add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender about 18-20 minutes.
Remove from heat and using a hand blender, process until smooth and creamy.
Garnish the soup with green onions, chili, and peanuts and enjoy!
- If you prefer the soup a bit thinner you can add an extra cup or two of broth.
- If you don’t have a hand blender, transfer it in stages to your blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Top with cilantro for a pop of freshness.
- Add some cayenne or nutmeg, for an extra kick of spice.
- Serve with some crusty bread for dipping!
- You can easily double this hearty recipe if wanting to plan for meals ahead, or serving a big crowd.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1145mg | Potassium: 1032mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 30800IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2.3mg