Vegan Sweet Potato Nachos
Easy to put together and a healthier take on the traditional nacho recipe!
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 small Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 Onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Small Avocado chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
- Salt to taste
- Jalapeno optional
Preheat oven to 425 F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the sweet potato into chips and toss in olive oil. Place the chips on the baking sheet in an even layer and sprinkle with salt
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, place the chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and avocado into a bowl. Add in the lime and salt to taste and stir until combined.
Place the chips on a plate and top with tomato mixture
- Slice the sweet potatoes very thinly using either a sharp knife or mandolin.
- Take care not to overcrowd the baking tray with the sweet potatoes, to make sure they all cook evenly.
- To make less spicy you can omit or deseed the jalapenos.
- For a sweet and savory flavor add little ground cinnamon and sprinkle that over the sweet potatoes - delicious!
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 1300mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 25065IU | Vitamin C: 27.9mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1.8mg