One Pan Cranberry Roasted Skillet Chicken
Easy to make Baked chicken thighs with garlic and cranberries and topped with feta cheese and fresh thyme
Servings 4 servings
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on), about 1.5 lbs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion diced
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries or fresh cranberries
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 5-6 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350F. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until fragrant, for 1 minute.
Add chicken, skin side down, and sear until golden on both sides, about 3-4 minutes.
Add broth and sprinkle with cranberries and fresh thyme, then roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Before I season the chicken thighs I love to wash them thoroughly with distilled vinegar. This helps bring out the seasoning really well.
- Make sure to dab the chicken dry, the drier exterior will encourage better browning.
- Don’t move the chicken around when it is searing. You will have the best browning if you let the chicken sit still and only move once when flipping.
- Cook in oil so the chicken won't stick, however, don't use too much or it will splatter.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check the temp. It should register between 160-165 F. This is not only for safety but also means you can remove before drying out the chicken.
- Don't throw away the brown bits! The browned pieces in the juice from the pan make for a love sauce, don't throw it out, throw it on!
- Omit the feta if you want it dairy-free.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 382mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.5mg