Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Easy to make, soft and cake-like cookies made with oatmeal, Pumpkin puree, and chocolate chips.
- 3/4 Cup Gluten-free Baking Flour or Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Maple or Sticky Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Tsp Flax Meal
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- pinch sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips). Add in the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Separate the dough into 9 evenly sized balls and place them on the baking sheet.
Press them down just slightly. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- For a non-Gluten-Free version of these Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, you can use whole wheat or oat flour.
- For a non-vegan version, you can use dark chocolate chips and honey in place of the maple syrup.
- Allow the cookies cool on a cooling rack for a while. They are certainly delicious warm, right from the oven, however, their chewiness and flavor do intensify over time.
- The cookies spread just slightly in the oven, so it's best to gently flatten out the cookie dough balls (just a bit) with your hand or the back of a spoon before baking.
- Cookie recipe can easily be doubled by doubling each ingredient.
- Use canned pumpkin for the best consistency. Don't use canned pumpkin pie filling, it contains added sweeteners and spices.
- Line your baking sheet, don't grease it otherwise will brown too much and spread out.
- Be careful not to under-bake the cookies or they’ll taste raw, and don’t over-bake or they won’t be soft.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1060IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.2mg