Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup
Delicious easy to make vegetable soup thats packed with good for you veggies and ready in just 30 minutes.
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Celery Rib sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Lb Asparagus cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Medium Yellow zucchini diced
- 1/2 Cup Corn fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Wholewheat pasta of choice
- 1 Can Chickpeas (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt
- Fresh herbs for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large, thick-bottomed pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and bell pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened.
Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute more, until fragrant.
Add the stock, bay leaf, thyme, vinegar and bring to a simmer, then add the zucchini, asparagus, corn, tomatoes, chickpeas, and pasta
Cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables and the pasta are cooked through.
Garnish with fresh herbs of choice and enjoy!
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for up to 3 months.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Oil: any oil of choice would work.
- Broth: we used vegetable broth but you can use chicken or beef broth. Don't have broth? Just use water.
- Veggies: add in any of your favorite veggies.
- Chickpeas: instead of chickpeas consider using beans
- Pasta: this is optional but a nice touch to make it a filling meal. Use any healthier pasta of choice.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 2324mg | Potassium: 658mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2580IU | Vitamin C: 58.6mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 3.3mg