Low Carb Chocolate Chips Protein Waffles
Low carb waffles that are packed with protein and chocolate, and are super easy to make.
Servings 2 Servings
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar (or low-calorie sweetener)
- 1/2 Cup Milk or skim milk
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Miniature chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- maple syrup, miniature chocolate chips, and fresh berries
Preheat the waffle iron and coat with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
Add the eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract and chocolate chips to the dry mixture; stir until thoroughly combined and batter forms.
Place ¼ cup batter into each well of the waffle iron. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately, topped with maple syrup, chocolate chips, and fresh berries.
- Try to find some sugar free chocolate chips and if you can, use sugar free syrup to keep this very low in carbs.
- Allow all your ingredients to come up to room temp before mixing.
- Using a gentle motion and take a few minutes to mix the batter, don't do violent mixing or it will lead to less fluffy waffles.
- Use a spoon to spread the batter over the surface of the waffle iron.
- Make sure you use a preheated waffle iron.
- If you don't have a good timer on your waffle iron, you can tell the Protein Waffles are done cooking when steam is no longer coming out the sides of the waffle iron.
- If you're making a big batch of waffles, heat up the oven (250F) when you turn on the waffle maker then transfer the cooked waffles to the oven while you cook the rest.
- Use a rubber spatula or rubber kitchen tool to remove the waffles, the stops scratching the waffle maker.
- Clean your waffles maker right after use, it's easier than leaving it and trying to scrape off hard batter!
- Top with maple syrup, miniature chocolate chips, and fresh berries.
- I used vanilla whey protein as it does not overpower the waffles.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Calcium: 370mg | Iron: 1.2mg