Shrimp Fajita Bowls
Shrimp and vegetable fajitas with black beans and avocado, all on top of cilantro lime cauliflower "rice"
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Large Cauliflower cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil divided use
- 1/2 Cup Red onion Thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Red or yellow bell peppers Thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 pound Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 15 ounce Can of black beans drained and rinsed ( 1 can )
- 1 Avocado thinly sliced
For the cauliflower rice:
Place 2 cups of cauliflower in the food processor and pulse until it's chopped to a rice consistency. Repeat the process until all of the cauliflower has been "riced".
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook for 4-6 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Divide the cauliflower rice between 4 bowls.
For the shrimp fajitas:
Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Season the shrimp with the chili powder and add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimps is pink and opaque.
Divide the shrimp mixture between the 4 bowls; top each bowl with 1/4 of the black beans and avocado. Sprinkle with additional cilantro if desired and serve.
- Cauliflower rice only needs a quick sauté. Riced cauliflower left on the heat too long will become soft and soggy.
- Don't overcook the shrimp. Shrimp don't need long to cook, once they turn opaque pink and form a 'c' shape they're ready to go!
- You can leave the tails on the shrimp or take them off. The tails do act as a neat little handle though!
- Use peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Add some chili flakes for a kick of heat.
- Serve with a wedge of lime, for a zesty spritz.
- Sprinkle with some cilantro for a pop of freshness.
Calories: 710kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 102g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1293mg | Sodium: 4080mg | Potassium: 1458mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2187IU | Vitamin C: 184mg | Calcium: 554mg | Iron: 12mg