Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
A quick and easy stir-fry with shrimp and asparagus that's ready in 15 minutes.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1¼ lb asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
- Optional: steamed brown rice for serving
In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, and sesame oil. Set aside.
In a large pan heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
Add the ginger and cook for one more minute.
Add the soy sauce mixture to the shrimp and vegetables and toss to coat; cook for one more minute. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Serve the stir-fry over brown rice if desired. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Have your ingredients prepped before you fire up the stove, things move quick!
- Use a large skillet/pan or a wok.
- Don't overcook the shrimp! Shrimp cooks quickly, it is done when it turns an opaque pink and forms a 'C' shape.
- Use fresh lemon juice for this recipe! It really does make a difference and provides a zesty punch through the sauce.
- Make sure to taste and season the sauce as you go.
- You can leave the tails on or take them off, down to your preference. Leaving the tails on gives them little handles so you can handle them better, plus it looks lovely.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with rice.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1639mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1072IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 6mg