Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
Grilled chicken, colorful veggies, and almonds, all tossed in a sesame ginger dressing.
Servings 4 people
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups purple cabbage chopped
- 3 cups napa or savoy cabbage chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, combine the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and add them to the vegetables.
In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, honey, and sesame oil; whisk until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Pour the dressing over the chicken and vegetables. Add the cilantro and toss to coat.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds and almonds over the top of the salad and serve.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Asian Chopped Chicken Salad can also be made as a dinner option. Adjust the servings below and prepare a big bowl for the whole family.
- To save time you could use rotisseries chicken.
- Use a preheated grill/grill pan.
- For an extra kick, add a spritz of lime juice.
- Ideally, go for low sodium soy sauce.
- Top with cilantro and sliced almonds and sesame seeds.
- Feel free to toss in any other crunchy fresh veg. Great for using up any veggies in the fridge.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 26.7mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.6mg