Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe
A colorful salad with seared ahi tuna and fresh vegetables tossed in a lemon and herb vinaigrette.
Servings 2 people
- 2-4 ounce Ahi tuna steaks
- 2 hard-boiled eggs halved
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup halved black olives such as kalamata or Nicoise
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 cup steamed asparagus or green beans
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or basil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided use
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over high heat. Season the tuna steaks to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the tuna for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the desired level of doneness.
Let the tuna cool for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
In a small bowl whisk together the dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the salad greens between two bowls. Drizzle the greens with the dressing.
Arrange the tuna, hard-boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, olives, bell pepper and asparagus over the top of the greens. Serve.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2760IU | Vitamin C: 74.4mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3.3mg