Spinach and Mushroom Pasta
Creamy and delicious pasta recipe made with spinach, mushrooms, and other pantry staple ingredients that are reasily availabe. Ready in just 30 minutes.
- 8 oz farfalle pasta or any pasta of choice
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 10 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 6 oz spinach coarsely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk of choice
- 1 tbsp GF flour or any other flour
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package direction. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
Sauté the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the spinach and garlic and continue to sauté until wilted.
In a small bowl whisk the almond milk and flour until no visible lumps.
Pour the milk mixture over the sautéed veggies and stir to combine. The sauce should begin to thicken almost immediately.
While the pan is still on the heat, stir in the cooked pasta and parsley.
- use any pasta of choice, especially if you are looking to cut down on the carbs. consider using lentil or chickpea pasta.
- spinach can be fresh or frozen.
- we recommend using fresh mushrooms instead of canned mushrooms.
- milk: any milk of your choice can be used in this recipe.
- note: to reduce the fat content, we did not add any cheese, but you may add in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese or cream cheese. mix it in with the sauteed spinach.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 1348mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4489IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 5mg