Crispy Baked Chicken Cutlets
Thinly sliced chicken cutlets, baked to perfection with a garlic parmesan panko coating.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breasts (about 4) skinless, boneless
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ¾ Cup Panko
- ¼ Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado cooking oil spray
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
To prepare the cutlets, pound each chicken breast to an even 1/4 inch thickness.
Next, rub the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil. If time allows, marinate it for 1h to overnight. This will give you the most tender and moist chicken.
Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, a pinch of salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, combine the garlic powder, panko with parmesan and smoked paprika. Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg mixture, then dredge it into the panko mixture, lightly pressing to coat
Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking oil spray. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken cutlets and bake for 5-8
minutes more, or until golden and cooked through.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
- Depending on how thin you slice each chicken breast will determine how many strips per serving.
- Each serving will be one full chicken breast. Which should be sliced to 2-3 pieces.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 512IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 2mg