Baked Cashew Chicken And Veggies
Cashew chicken made with loads of veggies, baked instead of stir-fried and much better than takeout.
- 1 ½ lb Skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium Head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 Bell Pepper diced into large pieces
- 1 Large Zucchini cut into chunks
- 2 Medium Red Onions cut into wedges
- ⅔ Cup Roasted unsalted cashews
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
To Make the Sauce
- ½ Cup Low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger or powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-free Flour
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a small bowl add all sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined. Place chicken on the prepared sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
Add about 1/3 of the sauce and mix to coat, then layer the pieces in the sheet pan leaving some space in between.
Cook in preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes then remove the pan. Place the cauliflower, bell peppers onions, and cashews in a single layer around the chicken.
Drizzle with the remaining sauce and toss to coat. Return to the oven and cook for another 8-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are crisp-tender.
Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh chopped parsley and divide among 4 glass containers
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days. Before serving heat in the microwave for about 2 mins.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1384mg | Potassium: 1630mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1305IU | Vitamin C: 130.4mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 4.3mg