Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Healthy Shrimp stir fry noodles made with zucchini instead of pasta and loaded with veggies
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes or to taste
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 2 Large Carrots spiralized
- 2 Large Zucchini spiralized
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 Large White Onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chili flakes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add in the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until cooked through and pink, about 3 minutes.
Season the shrimp with sea salt and pepper and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then add the bell peppers, carrots, and onions.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Stir in the Asian sauce and cook, for an additional for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add in zucchini noodles and cooked shrimp to the pan, and stir well to combine.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1469mg | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5425IU | Vitamin C: 81.1mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 3.8mg