Italian Chicken Bean Soup
This hearty soup is full of vegetables, chicken and two kinds of beans, all simmered in a tomato broth.
Servings 6 people
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 Can garlic & herb tomatoes 14 oz, do not drain
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 1 Can red kidney beans 14 oz
- 1 Can white beans any variety. 14 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped, optional
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, 5-6 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot, and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the chicken, beans, and zucchini and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until zucchini is tender.
Add more salt and pepper as desired.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 770mg | Potassium: 984mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5610IU | Vitamin C: 35.7mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 3.7mg