Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Chili-spiced shrimp, fresh and bright pineapple salsa and cabbage, all tucked inside warm tortillas.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 and ¼ pounds of shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of pineapple finely diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper minced (remove seeds and ribs to make it milder)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped, loosely packed
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas
For the shrimp: Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pan. Season both sides of the shrimp with chili powder and salt to taste. Place the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
For the pineapple salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt to taste. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, up to 4 hours.
To serve Warm the tortillas. Add a handful of cabbage to each tortilla and place the shrimp on top of the cabbage. Top with pineapple salsa and serve immediately.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 51mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 63.4mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.2mg