Buffalo Chicken Salad
A fresh and colorful salad with grilled buffalo chicken, veggies, and blue cheese.
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce or more to taste
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup reduced fat prepared blue cheese or ranch dressing alternatively, you can make a simple vinaigrette by whisking together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey and salt and pepper
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, place the romaine lettuce in a bowl and toss with dressing. Arrange the celery, carrots, tomatoes, avocado and blue cheese on top of the lettuce.
Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and toss with buffalo sauce to coat. Add more buffalo sauce if you prefer a spicier chicken.
Place the chicken on top of the salad and serve.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1050mg | Potassium: 1055mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9280IU | Vitamin C: 19.4mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 1.8mg