Easy Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chopped chicken salad with Greek flavors, served inside crisp lettuce wraps.
- 3 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cucumber cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup of canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces
Combine the chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese and parsley in a large bowl.
Add the lemon juice and olive oil to the chicken mixture; season with salt and pepper to taste and toss gently until just combined.
Divide the chicken mixture evenly between the lettuce leaves and serve.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1455IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 1.9mg