These Easy Protein Breakfast Crepes will be your new favorite way to enjoy breakfast that’s low in carbs and high in protein. They are quick and tasty healthy crepes recipe that’s ready in just under 30 minutes. Made with simple ingredients that you most likely have on hand already.
These homemade Breakfast crepes are so rich in protein and a great source of nutrients. The perfect breakfast to jumpstart your day. They are so easy to make and so filling. Loaded with protein and then stuffed with fresh fruit filling. A highly nutritious breakfast that’s loaded with protein, gluten-free, and low in carbs.
How to make Breakfast crepes at home
- Mix ingredients– mix together the protein powder with the water. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites until thoroughly combined. Pour the protein powder mixture into the eggs and stir until well mixed. You may also use a blender for the mixing part for a smoother texture.
- Heat Skillet – Heat skillet over medium heat. Do not rush the cooking process
- Pour batter into the skillet – Add the coconut oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Pour in approximately ¼ cup of the batter and swirl the pan until the bottom is coated with the batter.
- Finish cooking batter – Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip the crepe and cook for 1 minute on the other side. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve your crepes – Place ¼ cup fruit into each crepe and fold over. Top with Greek yogurt and serve.
Crepe Filling Ideas
There are tons of crepes filling ideas. Some do get really creative with what they like their crepes filled with. Here are a few ideas of what to put in crepes:
- Nutella – Or make your own homemade healthy Nutella, add some chopped strawberries
- Fruits – Fill your crepes with some fresh berries
- Lemon Curd
- Sweetened Whip Cream – We love dairy-free coconut whip cream by so delicious
- Bananas – Slice some bananas with some sugar-free caramel sauce
- Plain Yogurt
- PB&J – Yes! some like this idea as well
- Maple Syrup or some sugar-free chocolate syrup
What are crepes made out of
The main ingredients needed for crepes are flour, eggs, and milk. Additional ingredients used to make crepes are vanilla for some flavor, a bit of sugar or salt to bring out the flavors of the crepes, and oil or butter to cook the batter in.
There are other variations of making crepes as we did with the protein breakfast crepes in which the aim was to make it a high protein, low carb, and nutritious breakfast without any added sugar or flour. A guilt-free simple crepes recipe that you can enjoy every day!
Are Crepes gluten-free
Most crepes are not. Crepes could be gluten-free if made with gluten-free flour. If making homemade crepes you could simply use your own gluten-free flour. Most restaurants now offer gluten-free options so don’t be afraid to ask!
Our Breakfast protein crepes are gluten-free since they weren’t made with any flour.
We want to hear about your experience making any of our recipes. Leave us some feedback in the comments below. Making these protein crepes? Don’t forget to rate it!
Here are some other easy breakfast recipes:
- Easy Papaya Fruit Breakfast Boats
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Keto Deviled Eggs
- Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Baked Zoodle Egg Nest
- Egg and Veggie Breakfast
- Baked Avocado Egg
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Breakfast Protein Crepes Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Breakfast Protein Crepes
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- ¾ Cup Mixed berries
- ¼ Cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Mix together the protein powder with the water. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites until thoroughly combined. Pour the protein powder mixture into the eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Pour in approximately ¼ cup of the batter and swirl the pan until the bottom is coated with the batter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip the crepe and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Place ¼ cup fruit into each crepe and fold over. Top with Greek yogurt and serve.