Low Carb Chocolate Chips Protein Waffles – These low carb waffles are packed with protein and chocolate, and are super easy to make. Perfect breakfast recipe to jumpstart your day that the whole family can enjoy.
Low Carb Chocolate Chips Protein Waffles
Waffles at restaurants can be high in carbs. Even though they are super delicious they aren’t so healthy. Making these low carb protein waffles will be one of the best things you will ever do. They are easy to make, fluffy, high in protein and low in carbs. Try to find some sugar free chocolate chips and if you can, use sugar free syrup to keep this very low in carbs.
SUBSTITUTES FOR PROTEIN WAFFLES
What can I substitute for milk in waffles
When making this low carb protein waffle recipe or basically any other waffle recipe, water is usually a great substitute for milk. It may take away a bit of the rich flavor from the waffles since water has no taste but it will still turn out great. The edges will be crispier. Use one cup of water in place of one cup of milk.
What can I substitute for baking powder in waffles?
Ran out of baking powder and just not sure what to use in place of it? Don’t sweat it. You can use a combination of baking soda and vinegar. Furthermore, for every 1 teaspoon of baking powder, you can use 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
I really loved this Low Carb Chocolate Chips Waffles recipe and I hope you do as well. If you make this recipe please come back and leave me some feedback. Also, I would love it if you rate it as well. Your opinion matters to me.
More breakfast recipes you can check out for you next breakfast adventures:
- Fluffy Protein Waffles Recipe
- Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies
- Strawberry Parfaits Recipe
- Garden Veggie Frittata
- Baked Oatmeal Protein Muffins
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Low Carb Chocolate Chips Protein Waffles Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Low Carbs Chocolate Chips Protein Waffles
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein Vanilla Flavor
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar (or low-calorie sweetener)
- 1/2 Cup Milk or skim milk
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Miniature chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- maple syrup, miniature chocolate chips, and fresh berries
- Preheat the waffle iron and coat with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- Add the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract and chocolate chips to the dry mixture; stir until thoroughly combined and batter forms.
- Place ¼ cup batter into each well of the waffle iron. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, topped with maple syrup, chocolate chips, and fresh berries.