When in the holiday spirit you should make this Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies Recipe. They are Gluten-free, easy to put together and perfectly layered with your favorite Jam. These high protein and low-calorie cookies are the perfect sweet treat during this holiday season.
Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies
These Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies will melt in your mouth. There’s nothing better than the smell of baking cookies coming out of the oven. The kids love these decorative holiday looking cookies. It makes them happy to be “baking” Christmas cookies. It’s so special.
The only issue I have when we bake these Shortbread Cookies is when the kids can’t decide what flavor jam to use. You know how kids are. Everyone has their favorite flavor and they start arguing over it so most times I just let them use whatever they want and we end up making all kinds of flavors. Which is still great!
Making this Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies Recipe:
How long do shortbread cookies keep?
Shortbread cookies store really well. Just place them in an airtight container and leave them on the counter at room temperature. They should be good for about a week away from direct sunlight. You can also freeze cookies in an airtight container for 4-6 weeks. Allow them to cool completely before you place in container and free.
If you make this Shortbread Cookies recipe and you like it please tag me on Instagram using my #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag so I can see it.
A few other dessert recipes to check out:
The Full Recipe for Shortbread Cookies recipe is below:
Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies
These shortbread cookies are comforting, super soft and filled with sugar free jamPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutesServings: 12Calories: 73 kcal
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Gluten-free Flour
- 1 Scoop WHEY Protein Vanilla Flavor
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1-2 Tbsp Water
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar-Free Jam Flavor of choice
In a large bowl, stir together the flours, protein, and salt. Add in the melted coconut oil, honey and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add another tablespoon of water.
Wrap dough in plastic and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Remove dough from the freezer and roll it out until it's about 1/8 inch thick. Use a glass to cut out round shapes and place them on the baking sheet.
Repeat until you have used all the dough. The dough should make about 12 cookies. Take a small cookie cutter (I used a star shape) and cut out the center in half of the cookies.
Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. Let cool before spreading jam on half of the cookies and topping with the cut out cookies. Let it cool and enjoy!Nutrition FactsJam Filled Shortbread CookiesAmount Per ServingCalories 73 Calories from Fat 45% Daily Value*Total Fat 5g 8%Saturated Fat 2g 10%Sodium 30mg 1%Potassium 24mg 1%Total Carbohydrates 7g 2%Dietary Fiber 1g 4%Sugars 3gProtein 2g 4%Vitamin A 1%Vitamin C 0.7%Calcium 2.1%Iron 2.5%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.