Oh man, who is in the mood for Healthy Apple Cider Donuts? No matter what time of year it is, you can’t go wrong with Apple Cider Donuts. Having these donuts with milk or coffee will make them even slightly more delicious if that’s possible. These donuts are even more perfect because they’re made in your own kitchen.
Healthy Apple Cider Donuts
No more guilt eating any donuts out there anymore! Not when you can make these Healthy Apple Cider Donuts right in the comfort of your own home. You may think to yourself “donuts are hard to perfect at home.” You’re so wrong! Once you get this apple cider donut recipe right, making donuts in your own home is easier than ever.
Fall weather calls for comforting desserts with fall flavors. My kids don’t like donuts at the cider mill but when we make these Healthy Apple Cider Donuts they actually eat them!
How to make this Healthy Apple Cider Donuts:
Preheat oven and prepare to donut pan with non-stick spray.
Then in a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add in the eggs, and apple cider. Mix until combined. Add the melted coconut oil, and honey and continue mixing.
Place the mixture into a large piping bag and piping batter evenly into each mold.
Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool. Dip each donut in a coconut sugar/cinnamon mixture if desired.
If you make this Healthy Apple Cider Donuts please share your comments below. I would love to know if you liked them. Also, tag me on Instagram with #healthyfitnessmeals so I see your creations.
Another amazing fall recipe to try is my HEALTHIER PUMPKIN MUFFINS!
I’ve got some other recipes for you to add to your “to make” list:
Full Recipe for this Healthy Apple Cider Donuts Below:
Healthy Apple Cider Donuts
- 1/2 c Almond Flour
- 1/2 c Oat Flour
- 1/4 c Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 c Apple cider
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Add in the eggs, and apple cider. Mix until combined. Add the melted coconut oil, and honey and continue mixing.
- Place the mixture into a large piping bag and piping batter evenly into each mold.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool. Dip each donut in a coconut sugar/cinnamon mixture if desired.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Make sure to spritz your donut molds with non stick spray.
- For an even bolder flavor, you can reduce the apple cider down by simmering it for 20 mins. This gives an eve stronger apple taste.
- You might notice the batter is thick, this is fine! Thicker donuts give us a more cakey bite!
- If you don't have a piping bag that's fine. Pour your batter into a zipped-top bag, then cut the corner off and pipe it into the donut pan.
- To check the doneness of these baked donuts, poke your finger into the top of one. If the donut bounces back, they are done.
- You can add some ground nutmeg to the topping for more festive flavors.
Leave A Reply