It could be quite messy eating tacos but the kids love having them just for that reason. 🙂
I haven’t been in the greatest mood. I think part of the reason is that i don’t get enough sleep and i have so much on my mind. Marc is almost 18 months now and still wakes up so many times at night. He drinks about 4-5 bottles through out the night so i hardly get a full 2 hours of sleep. He doesn’t take the pacifier so the bottle consoles him. I know I know. Everyone tells me i have to just let him cry for a few days but i just don’t have the heart. I keep saying its ok he will grow out of it. I have to figure out a way!!!
So summer is over and Halloween is just around the corner. I don’t know why and i hope you don’t hate me for this but i hate halloween. Kids love it but it my least favorite holiday. I prefer christmas a million times over.:)
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Serving Size 4
Total Fat 16.8g
Saturated Fat 3.3g
Total Carbohydrates 51.9g
Dietary Fiber 11.7g
Nutrition Facts are calculated and may Vary
Serving Size: 4
1 Can (15oz ) Red Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
2 Tbs Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1 1/2 Cup White Mushrooms (cut ver small)
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Medium Onion (chopped small)
1 TB Olive Oil
2 TB Whole Wheat Flour for dusting
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper (optional)
Whole Wheat Buns
1) In a skillet add Olive oil over medium heat and cook onions until slightly golden. Then add garlic garlic and cumin and stir for a minute.
2) Stir in mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes until the water from mushroom is completely dried. Turn heat off and set aside
3) In a bowl add Beans and mash using a fork. Add parsley and the cooked mushroom mixture. Mix well. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Add cayenne pepper if using.
4) Make 4 equal patties and dust with the whole wheat flour on each side. Using a cooking spray lightly spray each side so the flour sets in.
5) Broil each side over medium-high for about 2-3 minutes.
6) Serve with whole wheat buns, lettuce and tomatoes. Use dressing of choice.
NUTRITION FACTS: (Per Pattie)
Total Fat 4.7g
Dietary Fiber 6.0g
Please note that nutrition facts are calculated and may vary
Serving Size: 1
1 chicken breast, cubed
2 teaspoons of paprika
1/2 cup of Tri-colored belle peppers
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 whole wheat pita, sliced in half
1/2 cup of shredded iceberg lettuce
1 Avocado, mashed and mixed with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
In a bowl, combine the chicken cubes, paprika, garlic powder,salt and black pepper to blend spices well with chicken cubes. Heat up the coconut oil on a skillet and add the chicken cubes. Cook until they are about 3/4 of the way done then add peppers. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside
Open pita pockets and spoon in half the avocado mix. Then add the lettuce and follow with the chicken. Repeat for the other half.
Serve and enjoy!